Click on a question to see the answer. Contact us if you have any questions not answered here.
We are a custom builder, every home we build is unique. Our designers and construction professionals will work with you to build your perfect home, no matter how big or small that may be. And since we have our own millwork company, Becker Millwork and Doors, we have the ability to customize virtually every architectural feature of your home. Doors, cabinets, trim, all the finishing features that define a home’s character, are made specifically for you at our facilities here in Fargo, North Dakota.
Depending on the complexity of your project, the process can take anywhere from six months to over a year.
Yes. We can arrange construction financing and permanent financing, if needed. Financing options are discussed during our initial meeting with you, before the project gets underway.
Yes. There are limitations in the Fargo/Moorhead area due to soil and flood conditions. This is especially true for homes located outside the metro area, particularly those on lakes and rivers. Topography in general will play a role in what can and cannot be built.
Yes, we provide a full range of design services, from start to finish, inside and out.
Our design services begin with initial schematic designs, or a rough sketch, of your home. 3D modeling is also available. From there we proceed to making the floor plans and elevations that our builders will use to construct your home. Our designers will also work with you to make interior design decisions. Finally, our homes include landscape design and installation.
The cost of the design work is figured into the total project costs and is based on the project requirements. Design is an integral part of our building process; virtually every step in that process requires design decisions at some level. Rather than making a separate line item charge for each design service, we build the cost into your budget the same way we do our other products and services.
The average cost per square foot can vary greatly, depending on the amenities, the quality, and the uniqueness of the home’s design and construction. Following are some points to keep in mind when thinking about a home’s overall cost:
- Small buildings cost more per square foot than do large ones because the cost is spread out over fewer square feet.
- More complex forms tend to be more costly than simpler ones.
- Projects in remote locations or on challenging job sites are more expensive to complete.
- It usually costs less to go up vs. out because roof and foundation costs are a significant factor.
- Outdoor features, such as decks, large overhangs, porches, and landscaping significantly increase the cost per square foot, since that calculation is based on the cost of the inside square footage.
- Likewise, garages add significantly to square foot costs if they aren’t counted as part of the finished living space.
- Cathedral ceilings are more expensive to build than are flat ceilings.
- Choice of finishes, fixtures, and other amenities will have a significant impact on cost per square foot.
No. While we do build on property we own, we are more than happy to build on any property that you own, or on any property that is available for sale.
No. There is no fee or obligation for the initial meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to get to know each other better and discuss the project you have in mind. We talk about what you’re looking for and what we can offer, so that a decision can be made as to whether or not to move forward.
We are completely hands-on throughout the entire project, from the initial excavation right up until the last door is hung and we hand you your keys. In those cases where we use subcontractors we are on the job every day making sure everything is completed to our standards.
Also, because we have our own millwork company, Becker Millwork and Doors, you’re not limited to a few finishing options from a large manufacturer. We have the ability to design, build, and install virtually every architectural feature of your home. Doors, cabinetry, trim, beams, stair parts – everything that makes a home unique – is made specifically for your home right here at our facility in Fargo, North Dakota.